Samurai Gate is the official newspaper for the 18th Wing at Kadena Air Base featuring 18th Wing Public Affairs exclusive information, Commander’s Comments, Department of Defense School (DODEA) news, AAFES news, Army, Navy, and American community news as well as and off-base event information. The Samurai Gate is the only approved newspaper for Kadena Air Base.
U.S. Air Force, Army and Navy servicemembers, their families,
base employees and locals due to the following:
Published every Friday / 12,000 free copies
Distribution 50 spots
- Commander Offices (Air Force, Army, Navy)
- Kadena Exchange (# 1 on Okinawa with over 4,000 daily customers)
- Kadena Commissary (# 1 on Okinawa over 20,000 monthly shoppers with each shopper receiving a copy in a shopping bag)
- Torii Station major locations (US Army and DODEA Hqtrs)
- U.S. Consulate Urasoe
- Naval Hospital (All branches of service)
- Air Force MWR locations
- Shops and restaurants in the local community frequented by Americans and base employees:
- Kadena, Okinawa City, Chatan, Yomitan, and Uruma city.
For advertising inquiries: